Troubleshoot: Connecting UA Sport Wireless Heart Rate™ to MapMy app
If you're having issues pairing your UA Sport Wireless Heart Rate™ headphones to your MapMy app, please review the following troubleshooting tips.
- Power cycle your mobile device by turning it off/on. This can clear out your Bluetooth tray and improve connectivity.
- Power cycle the UA Sport Wireless Heart Rate™ headphones
- If you still cannot connect, we recommend resetting the UA Sport Wireless Heart Rate™ headphones. Instructions for resetting are found below. This resolves most instances of Bluetooth failure.
Resetting your UA Sport Wireless Heart Rate™ Headphones
In the event that you are experiencing Bluetooth connectivity issues between your headphones and your phone, you may want to try resetting your UA Sport Wireless Heart Rate™. To reset your headphones,
- Turn headphones on.
- Press and hold on both the up and down volume buttons simultaneously for 5-10 seconds until the blinking lights turn off.
- If you previously connected the UA Sport Wireless Heart Rate™ in your mobile device's bluetooth settings, you will need to forget the headphones in order to reconnect
- Hold the center power button for three seconds (between the volume up/down buttons) to power on the headphones
- Headphones should now be blinking red and blue, indicating that they are in discovery mode and can now be successfully paired to a mobile device
- The heart rate sensor will go to sleep after 3 minutes to preserve battery if you have not yet begun a workout with a fitness tracking app. It can be woken up again by pressing on the right ear bud for 3-5 seconds when you are ready to begin a workout.
Lastly, please try uninstalling and reinstalling the MapMy app to see if this resolves the connection issue.
Note: If you have an Android device running Android Nougat 7.0, please try updating your OS to 7.1. This should resolve any Bluetooth connectivity issues you are experiencing with the UA Sport Wireless Heart Rate™.
If you are still unable to get the UA Sport Wireless Heart Rate™ headphones to connect to your MapMy app after following all the troubleshooting tips above, submit a support request here and one of our agents will be glad to assist you.
Troubleshoot: "Heart Rate Not Detected" Message or Inaccurate HR
If at any point during your workout the UA Sport Wireless Heart Rate™ headphones say "heart rate not detected, please adjust your earbud," please readjust your LEFT earbud, as the sensor is located on the left. If readjustment does not resolve the issue, you may need to try a different sized enhancer. For more information on sizing and fit, check out our video tutorial.
Other factors that may affect the accuracy of the HR readings are below:
- Look in the mirror: the green light from HR sensor should be minimal if headphone enhancers are correctly sized and inserted. If you see a lot of green light, try adjusting the earbud or enlarging the enhancer.
- Make sure enhancers are installed on the correct bud (left and right), as they are different. Note: the left bud has the HR sensor and the left enhancer has a cut-out to allow the sensor to take readings. Each enhancer should have its size and L or R written on the inside.
- Make sure the left enhancer is not covering the HR sensor.
- The HR sensor works best for steady-state endurance training (such as cardio workouts, running, stationary cycling) and may not be as ideal for high intensity interval training workouts that involve vigorous or jarring movements, as this can impact the sensor's readings.
If you are unable to get the UA Sport Wireless Heart Rate™ headphones to provide accurate HR readings after reviewing all the troubleshooting tips above, submit a support request here and one of our agents will be glad to assist you.