We are now compatible with your Samsung Gear Fit, Fit2, Fit2 Pro, Sport, S2, S3, and Galaxy devices! You will be able to record your workouts using MapMyRun, MapMyFitness, Record, and Endomondo. To get started, please check the Gear App on your phone to make sure there are no available firmware updates. To check, open the Gear app > Settings > About Gear > Update Gear Software > Update now. You must be running the latest firmware on your Samsung device in order for our apps to work.
We now offer compatibility for Samsung device users on iOS and Android.
In order to download and manage the application on your phone, you must have the Samsung Gear app installed first. After downloading the Samsung Gear app from the app store, pair your Gear device to the Gear app. Please note, there are two separate Samsung Gear apps in the iTunes store: Samsung Galaxy Watch (for users with S2, S3, and the Galaxy Watch) and Samsung Gear Fit (for users with a Fit, Fit2, or Fit2 Pro). Ensure you are downloading the app which is compatible with your device. You can download MapMyRun, MyFitnessPal, Endomondo, and Record to your phone, and it will automatically install on your Samsung device as well.
Once you've verified that your Samsung device is running the latest firmware, please head to your Google Play Store to download the MapMyRun and Galaxy Wearable apps for your phone. Once you have your MapMy account setup, open Samsung Galaxy Wearable app > navigate to browse Samsung Galaxy Apps, and download the "Run with MapMyRun" app. This should automatically download the app to your Samsung device.
- Ensure that you have a strong connection to a Wireless network prior to starting the MapMyRun app. A WiFi connection is necessary for the first time set up.
- Press the Home button on your Gear device and scroll down to the MapMyRun app.
- If MapMyRun is not properly installed on your phone, a prompt will display giving you the option to download MMR.
- If this is your first time setting up, a prompt will appear asking you to sign in to your MMR account. Select "Accept" on your phone and you are ready to rock-n-roll!
- NOTE: If you do not fully complete your profile prior to your first workout, the next time you open the app you may receive a "Check your network connection" error. Ensure that you have your phone with you and are on a WiFi connection to finish completing your profile setup. This process should not take longer than a few minutes.
After setup is complete, the pre-record screen will appear. Here you can select the activity type, see GPS signal strength, view your workouts, view your challenges, configure voice feedback settings and start workout. In order to configure voice feedback settings you will need to tap the gear wheel next to your GPS signal. If you open don't see your activity type listed, you will be able to scroll down and tap 'All Activities' in order to select from a wider range of activities.
- Pick your activity type
- Select "Start"
- A three second countdown will begin
- The initial page stats are defaulted to duration, pace, and distance. If you would like to cycle these stats, you can tap the stat on your watch. If you would like to configure these stats, you can long-press on the stat. Please note a maximum of 3 stats are available for each page.
- To navigate between stat screens, swipe left on your watch.
Your BPM information will appear at the bottom of each stat screen and the color will change corresponding to the Heart Rate Zone you are currently in! If you would like to open your Heart Rate stats, you can tap on the BPM at the bottom of your screen. For GPS trackable workouts, the stats are as follows: duration, distance, pace, avg. pace, max pace, calories.
Can I use my Gear device with your app?
Yes! The MapMyRun, MapMyFitness, Record, and Endomondo app are now compatible with Samsung Gear Fit, Fit2, Fit2 Pro, Sport, S2, S3, and Galaxy devices.
Are steps and sleep imported from my Gear device into MapMyRun?
Unfortunately, at this time, we are not yet able to import steps or sleep from Gear devices.
Can I work out without my phone?
Yes! However, you must start the app while your phone is still connected. Once the app has loaded, you can leave your phone behind and enjoy the hassle-free workout. If you workout without using your phone, you will not be able to navigate to the Maps page, however after syncing your workout you will be able to view the map on both our website and your app.
How can I tell if I have a GPS signal?
In order to use the built-in GPS in your Gear device, you must go to your device settings by selecting the Home button > Settings > Connections > Location > switch "On". Now you can use the GPS from your Gear device and work out without your phone!
How do I view my Heart Rate data while working out?
Easy! There are 2 ways to view your heart rate data while working out. You can either tap the BPM data at the bottom of your stat screen, or swipe left until you reach the Heart Rate data page. This page will show you your Heart Rate data which includes current HR, HR zone, average HR, intensity, and WILLpower. The color corresponds to which Heart Rate zone you are currently in. We will be incorporating HR into the calories burned for each workout.
- HR zone 1 = Blue
- HR zone 2 = Green
- HR zone 3 = Yellow
- HR zone 4 = Orange
- HR zone 5 = Red
Do custom Heart Rate Zones transfer to the Gear device?
Yes, if you set customized heart rate zones on either your app or the website, the display on your Samsung device will update. If your heart rate zones on the gear device do not update, please uninstall and reinstall the MapMy app to your gear device after changing your settings.
If you know your heart rate zones and would like to adjust them on the app, you will need to turn off age calculation by following the steps provided: Log into the app > More > Settings > Heart Rate Zones > toggle the "Calculate Using My Age" option to off > adjust each heart rate zone to your liking.
To adjust your heart rate zones from the website: Log into your account > Settings > Heart Rate Zones > Use the sliders to adjust your zones > Save changes.
How do I pause or save my workout?
In order to pause your workout, select the "back" button once. You can view your workout summary by swiping left and viewing your stat pages. Select "Finish" and you will have the option to Save or Discard workout.
- NOTE: Workouts will be saved locally until a network or WiFi connection is established. If your workout has not uploaded, refresh upload by performing a force kill on the app (hitting the Home button) and relaunching. Upon relaunch your unsynced workouts will attempt to sync to the servers provided that a network or WiFi connection is strong.
What if my workouts are not syncing from the Gear app to MapMyRun?
This will happen if you currently do not have WiFi or data connection with the phone or Gear device. Once you are on a network connection, relaunch the MapMyRun Gear app to initiate a re-sync.
Will my workouts recorded with MapMyRun on my Gear device sync with the Samsung Health app?
Yes, they will. If you don't see your workout in S Health, please re-open the MapMyRun app on your Gear device after saving the workout, and an automatic sync will be initiated. Please ensure that your Gear device is connected to your phone via Bluetooth at that time. Your workout should then appear in your MapMyRun account and Samsung Health app on your mobile device.
If I start a workout on my phone while wearing my Samsung device, will it become a mirror display?
No, not at this time. You'll need to start the workout via your Samsung device in order to see your stats on the watch.