Please be advised that we will soon stop updating the Plus versions of all MapMy apps, and they will be removed from all app stores. This includes MapMyRun+, MapMyFitness+, MapMyWalk+, MapMyRide+, and MapMyHike+.
What Are Plus Apps?
Until recently, we had paid versions of our apps, denoted by a + at the end of the app name, available in the iOS and Google Play app stores. For a one-time fee of $2.99 users could purchase a + app and receive an ad-free experience indefinitely. This was the only distinction between free and + apps; all other functionality was identical. For clarity's sake, the MapMy+ apps did not entitle you to the features of our MVP membership. To read more about the MVP features visit mvp.mapmyfitness.com
How Does this Affect Me?
If you are a Plus app user and wish to continue receiving the latest and greatest from us, you need to download the free version of your MapMy app from the app store. Don’t worry, if you already purchased one of our Plus apps, you will continue receiving the same ad-free experience inside of the free app once you log in to the same account.
What you need to do:
- Download the free version of your MapMy+ app from the app store. If you were a MapMyWalk+ app user, for example, download MapMyWalk for free.
- Log in to your existing account with your email and password or Facebook account.
- All of your account information and workout data will be available once you log in.
- If you are MVP subscriber, your membership will not be affected.
- Log and record all future workouts in the newly downloaded MapMy app and enjoy the same ad-free experience as you + app FOR LIFE!
- Uninstall the MapMy+ app from your phone.
What Happens to the Plus Apps?
Plus apps will no longer appear in the app stores, which means that they can no longer be installed. If they are uninstalled, they cannot be reinstalled. Plus apps will no longer receive software updates. This means that the app will continue working normally for a period of time; however, it will not receive any future software updates, features and functionality, or bug fixes. Because of this, eventually the functionality of all + apps will degrade as your OS changes. In time, it is likely that + apps will no longer be compatible with the latest Android or iOS operating systems.
Why Are + Apps Discontinued?
This decision was not made lightly. Under Armour is committed to providing you the best possible experience, and we believe the resources saved from testing and supporting 5 additional + apps will allow us to focus on improving overall performance for our app suite.
What If I Still See Ads?
If you purchased a + app and have followed the instructions to download the free version of the app, but are still seeings ads, please verify the following:
The free app matches the + app you purchased. For example, if you purchased MapMyRun+, you must download the free version of MapMyRun. If you download a different MapMy app, such as MapMyWalk, for example, you will not receive an ad-free experience. Never fear, though, all of the apps have identical functionality, so just download the one that matches your + app and log in. You should be good to go!
- Are you logged into the same account? Make sure that you use the same email address and password from your + app to log in to the free app. If you need to reset your password, you can do so here.
- If you're still seeing ads, please submit a support request here and provide proof of purchase of a + app. A receipt from your app store purchase will greatly aid in our investigation and ability to help you.
If you have any other questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to a member of our support team.