Challenges are fun and motivating ways to stay active while winning awards and prizes. MapMyFitness is proud to partner with many companies to give our members the opportunity to join these virtual competitions. Compete with other members and claim your spot at the top of the leaderboard. Each challenge comes with different activities, rules, and prizes!
How do I join a challenge?
On Web: To join a challenge and begin competing for awards and prizes, you must
(1) log into your MapMyFitness account
(2) join the challenge at http://www.mapmyfitness.com/challenges, or select “Improve” from the main menu and “Challenges.” Once you have officially joined the challenge, workouts recorded that meet the minimum requirements of the challenge are automatically applied to your workout count.
On mobile: Challenges can also be joined through any of our apps on iOS/Android. To access, tap the "Challenges" icon at the bottom of the Track Workout screen (iOS), or open the main menu and select “Challenges" (Android).
How can I see my progress in the challenge?
You can keep track of how well you are doing in the challenge by checking the leaderboard. Leaderboards for each individual challenge can be found on the challenge’s main page. You can see your placement and percentile compared to other members.
What information of mine is viewable and public to others?
Information collected from members varies for each challenge. Some information displayed on the leaderboard and viewable to other members can include: Total Workouts, Total Distance, Total Time and Place (1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc.). Your personal information including height, weight and caloric burn will never be displayed publicly.
What does it mean if a Challenge only accepts “verified workouts”?
To be considered “verified,” a workout must be recorded with any of the MapMyFitness apps (MapMyRun, MapMyRide, MapMyWalk, etc.) or via a synchronized electronic device (fitness band, running watch, cyclo-computer, smartphone, GPS device, etc.) that is compatible with MapMyFitness.
Workouts that are manually entered (e.g., through the “log a workout” function of the app or website) are not verifiable, and thus do not count toward challenge workout totals. Additionally, editing a verified workout after it has been saved will “unverify” it for challenge purposes. This includes changing the name of your workout or adjusting any workout details.
Why isn’t my workout being recorded in the challenge workout count?
If a workout is not being counted toward your challenge workout count, it can be due to a few different reasons:
- You haven’t successfully joined the challenge.
- The challenge requires verified workouts and your workout is not verified. Your workout does not meet the minimum time or mileage specifications for the challenge (refer to the rules for that particular challenge).
- You logged a workout activity type that does not qualify for the specific challenge, e.g., you logged a walk, but only runs are counted in that challenge.
- You have exceeded the daily totals for workouts, time, or distance for that challenge.
- You are trying to import workouts from a device that is not compatible with our platform.
If your workouts do adhere to the rules of the challenge, please submit a request here that we can investigate the issue further. Be sure to provide specific workout dates/activities for workouts that are not counting, and include screenshots of the current leaderboard as well as the rules pages so that our team can best triage your issue.
There are cheaters at the top of the leaderboard, what do I do?
The MapMyFitness challenges are built to be a fun and competitive way to motivate all of our users. We recognize that some people try and beat the system by logging fake workouts to be at the top of the leaderboard. We do our best internally to diligently screen challenges and filter suspicious activities. If you see suspicious activity on a challenge leaderboard, you can let us know by submitting a ticket here.