In order to connect your HOVR shoes to your Samsung wearable, you will first need to pair your shoes to the MapMy app on your phone. You can learn how to do this by following the steps outlined in our HOVR help center article here.
Once your shoes have been connected to your MapMy app on your phone, you must ensure that you are running the latest firmware on your Samsung wearable. To verify, please complete the following:
- Android users: Open the Galaxy Wearable app on your phone > select "Watch Software update" > tap "Download and install."
- iOS users: Navigate to the settings on your Samsung Galaxy Watch > select "General" > scroll down to select "Update watch software."
To connect your shoes to the app please follow these steps:
- Force quit the MapMy application on your phone
- Ensure your Samsung wearable is connected to the internet (this can be through WiFi directly or through your phone).
- Open the MapMy app on your Samsung wearable. Note: It may be helpful to disable Bluetooth on your phone in order to not disrupt the connection of your shoes and watch.
- Shake your right shoe for about 5 seconds to wake up the sensor. Your watch will display a shoe icon on the top right of your home screen when opened. Please note only run, walk, and treadmill workouts will allow you to connect your HOVR shoes. The shoe icon will blink during this time while it is establishing a connection (left). When connected, a dropdown of the shoe will appear (middle) briefly, then the shoe icon will stop blinking and display green, as pictured below (right).
If the shoe icon is gray with an x through it, you will need to troubleshoot your shoe and watch connection:
- First please confirm you have enabled sensor permissions for MapMy on your Samsung device. To accomplish this on your watch: Tap Settings ---> Apps ---> Permissions ----> MapMy ---> Toggle Sensors 'On'.
- Tap on the red shoe icon. While troubleshooting, your Samsung watch will reattempt the connection every 10 seconds. During this time keep shoes close to watch and shake the right shoe in order to activate the shoe pod.
Workouts completed with both your Samsung wearable and HOVR shoes will contain a small icon on your workout list.
How is distance recorded during my workout?
When running with your Samsung wearable and HOVR shoes, we will utilize your shoe pod in order to calculate distance. If at any point during your workout your shoes and watch disconnect, we will switch to your watch's GPS functionality in order to calculate distance until the connection is re-established.
Do I need to connect my shoes before beginning a workout?
Although we recommend establishing a connection before beginning a workout, the app is designed to attempt a connection with your shoes for 30 seconds after beginning a workout. If no connection has been established during this time, the app on your watch will not automatically connect to your shoes and you will need to tap on the shoe icon to troubleshoot.
Do I need to keep the MapMy app open in order to maintain the shoe connection?
Your HOVR shoes should remain connected if you minimize the MapMy app on your Samsung wearable.