You can now use Siri to start, stop, and pause your workout using MapMyRun! To use this feature, the following requirements must be met:
- Must be using the most recent version of MapMyRun. Check the App Store for an update!
- Must be logged in to MapMyRun
- Must have granted MapMyRun app permissions to access Siri
- Phone must be unlocked
- Must say a phrase recognizable by Siri *
- Phrases must be spoken in English
To grant permissions, open your iPhone's General Settings > select Siri & Search > Scroll down to the list of apps > Select MapMyRun > toggle setting preferences on.
Once permissions have been granted, you should be able to long-press on your iPhone's Home button and say an accepted phrase to begin your workout with MapMyRun using Siri.
In order to be recognized correctly by Siri, you must say a phrase in the following pattern:
“<Verb> [a or my] [<activity type> or workout] with MapMyRun.”
Phrases that can be used to initiate a workout with MapMyRun:
- “Start a workout with MapMyRun” - provides a list of activity types to choose from.
- Supported activity types that can take place of the word “workout” include:
- Run, Walk, Cycling, Treadmill Run, Treadmill Walk, Yoga, or Spin Workout
- For example, “Start a run with MapMyRun" or “Start my walk with MapMyRun.”
- Note: retaining the prepositions “with” and "a" in the phrase is very important. (i.e. “Start workout with MapMyRun,” should be "Start a workout with MapMyRun." Similarly, “pause my workout MapMyRun" should be "pause my workout with MapMyRun").
- The above phrases will not work if you already have a workout in progress.
After successfully starting a workout with Siri, the MapMyRun app will open and initiate the recording of a workout with the activity type you selected through Siri.
Once started, you can use a number of phrases to pause, resume, and end your workout, as well. Please see the list below for approved phrases:
- “Pause my workout with MapMyRun” - Pauses the workout.
- “Resume my workout with MapMyRun” - Resumes the workout.
- “End my workout with MapMyRun” - Ends the workout.
- “Cancel my workout with MapMyRun” - Cancels the workout.
- Note: In order for the above phrases to work, you must have a workout in progress.
- Note: You can also substitute an activity type (i.e. "run") in place of the word “workout.” For example, "cancel my run with MapMyRun."
Important: After ending a workout, you still need to look at your phone to review the workout and "Save" it before it will sync to our servers and generate an Activity Feed story.