You can now track workouts with MapMy on your Apple Watch! To get started, follow the instructions below.
Requires watchOS 5 or later, iOS 13 or later, and the up-to-date MapMy app version.
Download the MapMy app onto your iPhone from the App Store.
Open the Watch app on your iPhone, select the My Watch tab, scroll down to the Available Apps section and select to Install the MapMy app on your watch.
Once installed, open the MapMy app on your iPhone and tap the Menu button ("...") at the bottom right.
Go into the Apps & Devices section and select the Apple Watch option.
Tap to enable Motion, Location, and Health permissions, if not already enabled. For Health, select "Turn On All" and choose "Allow" on the permissions screen.
For more information and troubleshooting tips, please visit our troubleshooting article here.
Recording a Workout
There are two ways to use our app with the Apple Watch: with or without the help of your phone. To learn more about both options, please read through the guide below.
For information on using your HOVR Connected Footwear with the Apple Watch, please click here.
Apple Watch With iPhone
- Open the MapMy app on your phone.
- Tap the gear icon towards the top right corner to adjust your activity type and other workout settings. Use the Done button to save your changes and return to the main screen.
- Tap the Start Workout button to begin recording.
- Once your recording starts, the MapMy app on your watch should open automatically and mirror the stats from your phone onto the watch face.
- Keep your phone with you while you record. Pause, resume, and finish your workout from the watch or your phone.
You can read more about recording workouts with your phone by clicking here.
Apple Watch Without Phone
Open the MapMy app on your watch and select your activity type.
Tap the gear icon to adjust your workout settings, including Voice Feedback if needed.
Select the Start button when you're ready to begin your recording.
Leave your phone behind and enjoy your workout!
While recording, swipe from left to right to reveal the pause and resume buttons.
When you're finished with your workout, swipe from left to right, tap pause, finish, and done to save.
For more information and troubleshooting tips, please click here.