If you have never successfully paired your shoes to the MapMy application, please review our Help Center article on Getting Started, as the troubleshooting tips are different in this case.
How to Reconnect your UA Connected Footwear
If you have paired your shoes in the past, but are having trouble reconnecting them now, please review the connection tips below.
Once your shoes have been paired the first time, the app will automatically search for and attempt to connect to your shoes each time you open the app. When your shoes are connected to the app, the "Track Workout" screen will look like the screenshot below (iOS: Left, Android: Right).
If the "Track Workout" screen does not have the red bar across the top AND the check mark over the shoe icon, then your shoes are not properly connected to the app and they will NOT be used when recording your workout.
Once the shoes have been initially paired, your app should search for them each time you open it. When searching for your shoes, the shoe icon will have a circle loading around it, as pictured below. If the app does not connect to your shoes, a checkmark will not appear on the shoe icon, and the bar at the top will not turn red.
To re-establish a connection, please review the following tips:
- Tap the shoe icon in the top right corner of the "Track Workout" screen
- Make sure your shoe is awake by shaking the shoe or inverting it upside down and then rightside up. The shoe can only connect to the app when it is "awake." Please note that the shoe will disconnect from the app after 5 minutes of inactivity in order to preserve battery.
- If disconnected, as pictured below, tap "Connect" to re-initiate connection.
If the connection still fails, and you have already confirmed that the shoe is awake and nearby, please read the additional troubleshooting tips below to restore connection.
Troubleshooting UA Connected Footwear
Special note for Android users: Permissions must be set for the following two settings
- Location permissions must be allowed for the MapMy app
- Locations services must be enabled for the entire phone
1. Place your right shoe on a table/counter and allow it to stay horizontal for a minimum of 5 minutes. This is necessary for the shoe to reset the pairing function. During these 5 minutes do the following:
- Verify that you have the most updated version of the MapMy Application in the Google Play or iOS App Store
- Make sure you are not too close to other Bluetooth devices (including other UA Connected Footwear) as they could cause interference.
- Power cycle your phone by turning it off and then on again
- Navigate to your phone's Bluetooth settings. Toggle your bluetooth off, and then on again.
2. After 5 minutes have passed with your shoe at rest, re-open the MapMy application and tap your shoe on the table/counter to awaken the sensor and start broadcasting a signal to your phone.
If you are still having issues, we'd love to hear from you! Please submit a request within the application so that we can investigate your connection problems. To do so, open the Menu (Android users) or tap the "More" icon (iOS users) > Help > Contact Support > Send. We will be in touch with you soon.
Shoe Connection States