You can link a Suunto Movescount account to MapMy from our Connect Accounts & Devices page, or in the mobile app.
To connect your accounts in the app,
- Open MapMy app> access the menu by tapping the "More" icon in the lower right of the Track Workout screen (iOS), or tap the three horizontal bars in the upper left (Android)
- Select "Connect Apps & Devices" from the menu
- Tap ‘Suunto’
- Log in with your Suunto account credentials
- Authorize the connection
Once connected, we receive the following workout information from connected Suunto accounts:
- Workouts (distance, pace, calorie burn, duration)
- Heart Rate
Activities and stats are not syncing to MapMy account
Though we try to prevent it from happening, occasionally problems with accounts and devices syncing may occur. If Suunto is not syncing workouts to your Dashboard at all, review the troubleshooting below.
- Ensure that the email address for both MMF and Suunto are the exact same
- You can update your MapMy email address in your account settings
- Initiate a manual sync of data.
- On our website, visit the Connect Accounts & Devices page and tap "Sync Data" inside the Suunto widget. This will initiate a manual sync. Wait a few minutes then check to see if your MapMy account updates with correct information.
- Disconnect/reconnect within MapMy.
- On our website, visit the Connect Accounts & Devices page and click the blue link icon within the Suunto widget. Click to disconnect it from MapMy. After doing so, reconnect Suunto and check if the data transfers to MapMy within 24 hrs.
- In the app, open the menu > select "Connect Apps & Devices" > select "Suunto" > Disconnect. Follow the same steps for reconnecting.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why are my activities syncing incorrectly from Suunto to MapMy?
Sometimes activity types and certain stats are not mapped or coded the exact same way between apps and health devices. When this occurs with imported workouts things like bike rides can appear as a run activity type on one system and not the other. We hope to work more with our partners over time to prevent this kind of thing, but typically an easy solution is to manually edit it on MapMyFitness to the correct activity type.
*Note: All activity types may not be available between our partner sites.
Why don't my Suunto App workouts import to MapMy?
We are aware that Suunto is moving away from Movescount, and that workouts from their newer watches are incompatible with MapMy. We do not yet integrate with their new API, but we are actively working with their development team to get this project underway.
For more information about Suunto's transition away from Movescount, please click here: https://www.suunto.com/transition