You can now connect your UA Connected Footwear to your Samsung Gear! We are compatible with the Samsung Gear Sport, S2, S3, and Galaxy devices! Please note your watch must be running Tizen 3.0 in order to connect.
In order to connect your HOVR shoes to your Samsung device, you will first need to pair your shoes to the MapMy app on your phone. You can learn how to do this by following the steps outlined in our HOVR help center article here.
Once your shoes have been connected to your app, you must ensure that you are running the latest firmware on your Samsung device in order for the shoes to connect to your Samsung device. To check, open the Gear app > Settings > About Gear > Update Gear Software > Update now.
To connect your shoes to the app please follow these steps:
- Force quit the MapMy application
- Open the MapMy app on your Samsung device. Note: It may be helpful to disable Bluetooth on your phone in order to not disrupt the connection of your shoes and watch.
- Shake your right shoe for about 5 seconds to wake up the sensor. Your watch will display a shoe icon on the top right of your home screen when opened. Please note only run, walk, and treadmill workouts will allow you to connect your HOVR shoes. The shoe icon will blink green and red during this time while it is establishing a connection (left). When connected, a dropdown of the shoe will appear (middle) briefly, then the shoe icon will stop blinking and display green, as pictured below (right).
If the shoe icon is red with an x through it, you will need to troubleshoot your shoe and watch connection:
- Tap on the red shoe icon. During troubleshooting, your Samsung watch will reattempt connection every 10 seconds.
- During this time keep shoes close to watch and shake right shoe in order to activate the shoe pod.
If paired correctly, your workout screen will be outlined with a solid red ring. If your shoes and Samsung device are disconnected mid-workout, you will notice that the red ring around your workout screen will begin to spin in circles.
Workouts completed with both your Samsung device and HOVR shoes will contain a small icon on your workout list.
How is distance recorded during my workout?
When running with your Samsung device and HOVR shoes, we will utilize your shoe pod in order to calculate distance. If at any point during your workout your shoes and watch disconnect, we will switch to your watch's GPS functionality in order to calculate distance until the connection is re-established.
How can I configure what stats are displayed on my Samsung device?
If you would like to configure any of the stats displayed on your workout screen, you can long-press on the stat. Please note a maximum of 3 stats are available for each page. You can learn more about how to change your watch display stats at our Samsung Gear help center article.
Do I need to connect my shoes before beginning a workout?
Although we recommend establish a connection before beginning a workout, the app is designed to attempt a connection with your shoes for 30 seconds after beginning a workout. If no connection has been established during this time, the app on your watch will not automatically connect to your shoes and you will need to tap on the shoe icon to troubleshoot.
Do I need to keep the MapMy app open in order to maintain the shoe connection?
Your HOVR shoes should remain connected if you minimize the MapMy app on your Samsung device.