Eligible Connected Footwear workouts will receive additional stats called 'Form Summary' on their workouts which will include cadence, stride length, ground contact time, and average foot strike angle.
If your workout is eligible for Form Summary, you should be able to view this by scrolling down on your workout analysis.
- Cadence - Your running cadence is defined as the number of steps of your right foot you take per minute
- Stride Length - Your stride length is the distance between successive ground contacts of the same foot
- Ground Contact Time -
- Foot Strike Angle -
When tapping into your stats, you should be able to view a graph of your actual stat vs. the range of your stat.
Some workouts are additionally eligible for Coaching Tips! If your workout is eligible for a coaching tip, you should be able to see a blue megaphone on your workout list, or a red banner after opening your workout.
We use height, weight, age, gender, and pace to determine a target cadence and stride length range. Based on this target range, we provide you with personalized tips on how to improve your running performance and avoid injury.
Why can't I view Form Summary?
Form summary is currently available for Connected Footwear users who are on firmware version 2.0 and higher.
You can check to see your shoe's firmware by tapping on the shoe home and then tapping on the cog next to the manual sync button.
Why didn't my workout get a gait coaching tip?
The minimum requirements for coaching tip to appear are:
- Connected Footwear must have been used for workout
- Speed must be between 5 min/mile and 14 min/mile (3.11 min/km and 8.7 min/km)
- Distance must be > 1 mile (1.61 km) OR duration > 9 min
- Cadence must be between 120-200 steps per minute
- Stride length must be between 42-250 inches
- Activity type must be “Run” or “Treadmill, Run”
What metrics will I receive if I'm walking?
If you are walking with your Connect Footwear, you will receive your ground contact time stat, and your foot strike angle will be displayed as a dotted line.