You can now track workouts with MapMy on your Apple Watch! To get started, follow the instructions below.
Requires watchOS 3 or later, iOS 10 or later, and MapMy app version 18.3 or later.
Ensure Bluetooth is enabled on your iPhone.
Download the MapMy app onto your iPhone and create an account or log in to an existing one.
Open the Watch app on your iPhone and select the My Watch tab at the bottom left.
Scroll down to the Available Apps section and select to Install the MapMy app on your watch.
Once installed, open the MapMy app on your iPhone and tap the Menu button ("...") bottom right.
Go into the Apps & Devices section and select the Apple Watch option.
Tap the toggle next to Motion and follow the prompt to visit your phone settings.
Toggle Motion & Fitness to the on position on the subsequent screen.
Go back to your MapMy app > Menu > Apps & Devices > Apple Watch.
Tap the toggle next to Apple Health and select "Turn All Categories On" on the subsequent screen.
You're ready to begin recording workouts with your Apple Watch!
Recording a Workout
There are two ways to use our app with your Apple Watch: with or without the help of your phone. To learn more about both options, please read through the guide below.
Apple Watch With iPhone
- Open the MapMy app on your phone.
- Tap the gear icon towards the top right corner to adjust your activity type and other workout settings. Use the Done button to save your changes and return to the main screen.
- Tap the Start Workout button to begin recording.
- Once your recording starts, the MapMy app on your watch should open automatically and mirror the stats from your phone onto the watch face.
- Keep your phone with you while you record. Pause, resume, and finish your workout from the watch or your phone.
Open the MapMy app on your watch and select your activity type.
Tap the gear icon to adjust your workout settings, including Voice Feedback if needed.
Select the Start button when you're ready to begin your recording.
Leave your phone behind and enjoy your workout!
While recording, swipe from left to right to reveal the pause and resume buttons.
When you're finished with your workout, swipe from left to right, tap pause, finish, and done to save.