We are compatible with your Samsung Galaxy watches! Have a UA Edition? Click here.
To get started, please verify that you are running the latest firmware and software on your Samsung Galaxy watch. This is required in order for our app to work properly. To verify you're on the latest, please complete the following:
- Android users: Open the Galaxy Wearable app on your phone > select "Watch Software update" > tap "Download and install."
- iOS users: Navigate to the settings on your Samsung Galaxy Watch > select "General" > scroll down to select "Update watch software."
Follow the instructions below based on which type of mobile device you have.
Download MapMyRun from the Google Play store on your phone and create an account or log in. Once logged in to MapMyRun on your mobile device, open the MapMyRun app on your Galaxy watch to get started.
Download MapMyRun from the App Store on your phone and create an account or log in. Open the MapMyRun app on your Samsung Galaxy watch, which will initiate a pairing request that must be confirmed on your mobile device. Open the notification from the Galaxy Watch app on your phone, then tap "Connect" in MapMyRun to complete the pairing process, as pictured below.
Once paired, you will then be able to open the MapMyRun app on your Galaxy watch and begin recording workouts.
The MapMyRun home screen displays your GPS strength and shoe connection status. It also allows you to change your activity type and settings.
- Tap on the activity type "Run" to access the Workout Setup screen. Here you can select a different activity type and set up workout goals.
- Scroll down to view Feedback options. Toggle on if you would like to receive updates for splits and workout goals (if enabled).
If you own UA Connected Footwear, please see the help center article here for how to pair your shoes.
You can choose a workout goal and monitor your progress towards that goal during a workout. Goals are dependent on your activity type, meaning you won’t have a Distance goal available for a non-distance-based activity type (Gym, for example).
Goal options are:
- Basic - If selected, you will not receive updates during your workout about progress toward a goal
- Distance - Progress-to-Goal is displayed in workout
- Duration - Progress-to-Goal is displayed in workout
- Pace - Meter displays your current pace vs. goal pace in a workout
Tap on "Goal" in the Workout Setup screen to toggle between the different types. You cannot have more than one goal selected for a workout.
The workout tracking experience gives you all of the data you need during a workout, including Total Duration, Distance, Calories Burned, Pace, Heart Rate Zones, and a GPS map. Additionally, if you have a goal set for the workout, there will be a progress screen toward that goal.
To navigate between screens, swipe or turn the bezel to see different stats displayed.
Primary Pace Stats Workout Goal Heart Rate Route
To pause the workout, press the Back button on the watch. Press it again to resume your workout, or tap the red "Finish" icon to end your workout.
After finishing, you will be directed to your Workout Summary. A pop-up message will appear once the activity has been synced to your account.
To view previous workouts recorded with MapMyRun, tap on "My Workouts" under the green start icon. A list of your activities will appear with your most recent at the top. Tap on any activity to view a summary of your workout.
Why am I not getting distance or a map with my GPS workouts?
Ensure that your Location Permissions are enabled in the app's settings and your watch's master settings.
- To access your Locations Settings, tap on the Settings app for the watch > Connections > scroll down and toggle "Location" on.
- To grant the MapMyRun app Location Permissions, tap on the Settings app for the watch > Apps > Permissions > MapMyRun> toggle "Location" on.
Please note that your route will be displayed against a black background instead of a map unless your watch is LTE or is connected to your phone AND your phone has network connection.
Can I get Form Coaching on my Galaxy Active 2 watch?
Form coaching is only available for the Under Armour Edition of the Samsung Active watch. To learn about the features specific to the UA Edition, see the help center article here.
If I start a workout on my phone while wearing my Samsung Galaxy watch, will it become a mirror display?
No, not at this time. You'll need to start the workout via your Samsung Galaxy watch to see your stats on the watch.
Will I get 6 months of free MVP for buying the Galaxy Active2?
Only the Under Armour Edition of the Samsung Galaxy Active will provide 6 months of MVP to your MapMy account.
Can I view training plan workouts on my Samsung watch?
If you are enrolled in a Training Plan with MapMyRun, your watch will push a reminder to show you the planned workout for the day. Once you've completed your workout, you will need to pair it to your training plan to receive credit.