You can link a Fitbit account to MapMy from the Connect Accounts & Devices page of our website, or in the app.
To connect your accounts in the app,
- Open MapMy app> access the menu by tapping the "More" icon in the lower right of the Track Workout screen (iOS), or tap the three horizontal bars in the upper left (Android)
- Select "Connect Apps & Devices" from the menu
- Tap ‘Fitbit’
- Log in with your credentials
- Authorize the connection
Once connected, we automatically receive the following workout information once daily from connected Fitbit accounts:
- Daily Steps
- Weight (only if entered in Fitbit or you have a Fitbit Aria scale)
- Sleep Total
Activities and stats are not syncing to MapMy account
At this time we are only able to sync steps and sleep from Fitbit. These will appear in MapMy as part of your total daily steps count on the 24/7 tab of the website and app. Steps from Fitbit should sync to MapMy at the end of each day (around midnight), so if you are not seeing your steps, please wait until the following day and scroll backward to the previous day to view your total.
If information is not syncing at all, please review the troubleshooting below.
- Verify the correct source for your steps/sleep is prioritized.
- On our website, click the "Data Preferences" button at the top of the Connect Accounts & Devices page and make sure that Fitbit is your step and/or sleep source.
- In the app, open the menu > select "Connect Apps & Devices" > tap the Settings cog in the upper right > select Fitbit to be your source for steps and/or sleep.
- Initiate a manual sync of data.
- On our website, visit the Connect Accounts & Devices page and click "Sync Data" inside the Fitbit widget. This will initiate a manual sync. Wait a few minutes then check to see if your MapMy account updates with correct information.
- Disconnect/reconnect within MapMy.
- On our website, visit the Connect Accounts & Devices page and click the blue link icon within the Fitbit widget. Click to disconnect it from MapMy. After doing so, reconnect Fitbit and check if the data transfers to MapMy within 24 hrs.
- In the app, open the menu > select "Connect Apps & Devices" > select "Fitbit" > Disconnect. Follow the same steps for reconnecting.
Can I use my Fitbit Charge or Surge HR to capture heart rate in MapMy?
At this time MapMy cannot utilize your Charge or Surge HR to capture heart rate data. Eventually we hope to add this feature when the ability to do so becomes available from Fitbit.
If you have any other questions or concerns regarding this integration, please submit a support request here.